Neodigital Art | A cold wet Monday
Finding something to photograph on a cold wet Monday is challenging to say the least. My main problem taking this photo was trying to get it level; that and keeping the rain off the camera and trying not to freeze to death. I edited the photo a little to add a little colour to the foreground. You can also take colour away to set a mood…
This was a Victorian park and so I have changed the picture to sepia and then I increased the saturation just a little. It seems to make it more like a photograph that would have been taken in the early days of photography and seems to suit the picture. This is where the art but comes in; manipulating the picture with a little editing. The park was Willenhall Memorial Park.
A Market by Royal Charter
The market has a history that goes back to Medieval times. In the 18th century Wednesbury was granted a Royal Charter to hold a market weekly by Queen Anne. You can read what Hackwood (the historian) said about it and the history of Wednesbury – here. I thought this photograph of the market stalls would look better in sepia too.
This is now a pedestrianized precinct but the Victorian shops remain and the pavement is sort of reproduction brick. The lamps too are of a Victorian design. I like the way the goods are on the pavements outside the shops too, although that practice is sometimes frowned upon because it obstructs the pavement.
I think the monochrome pictures suit the Victorian nature of the town and sepia in particular. You can add a little more colour to the sepia by simply increasing the saturation when editing. My camera does shoot in black and white but I prefer to convert the picture in editing and see what it looks like in black and white, sepia and other tones. Even a blue tone can be suitable for some pictures; especially stone buildings like churches.
There are more amazing blogs on the Home Page. Please do comment, subscribe and share with your friends.
- Neodigital Art | Summer and Autumn (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Changing scenes (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | The Four Seasons (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Buildings (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Editing tutorial (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Snow and Ice (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Light and Locations (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Night and Day (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Difficult Light (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Shadows and Reflections (mike10613.wordpress.com)