Neodigital Art | Camera settings
I set my camera on landscape for this shot and so the aperture would be narrow and speed would be fast. The light was really bright and so we can get a really good shot.
The camera is automatically adjusting the speed for a faster speed and the balloon is moving and so the fast speed stops blur. More importantly, the duck that flew into the shot isn’t blurred either. I know it looks like a flying saucer!
We have the Chinese circus in town and the next town had the American circus and so we stopped to take a few photos! The parking was difficult and so we couldn’t stay too long.
Sometimes, taking shots of signs or even the rear end of a truck makes for a good shot! This was at Walsall arboretum.
The light interested me here and so I held my camera over a fence and took a few shots under the motorway. This was after about 10 shots and 106th shot of the afternoon!
Back at the lake the sun was going down and so the light was very different. It was still bright but shadows were everywhere.
When it’s getting dark, you get less light going into the camera and so you can use a dark setting. To get depth of field you need a narrow aperture for landscape that lets in less light. I set the camera on S for speed and then set a slow speed. On a slow speed you need to keep the camera still and press the shutter button gently. With some editing I managed to get the trees silhouette against the sky.
On that setting, speed takes priority and the camera sets the aperture to suit the speed. If the speed is too fast the aperture shows red on my camera and so I select a slower speed. This picture was lighter and I made it darker when I edited. If the street lights were on, it wouldn’t have been so good.
If you have enjoyed this Neodigital Art blog, I posted another one with different photos from Sunday on A Zillion Ideas; why not pop over and take a look.
- Neodigital Art | Apertures (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | technicalities (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Light on the lens (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Shadows and Reflections (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Good light – Bad light (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Difficult Light (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Light and Locations (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Snow and Ice (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Spring is nearly here! (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Winter locations (mike10613.wordpress.com)