Neodigital Art | Aging photos
It was Bank Holiday in England yesterday and as is the tradition; it rained, persistently. I did lots of writing and edited photos. We did take a few photos on Sunday in Sot’s hole which is a nature reserve famed for it’s bluebells but the bluebells were lying flat washed out by the rain. I used the ‘vintage’ option on Fotosketcher to edit this photo of Forge Mill farmhouse and i think I have the right effect.
This is the same effect used on a photo of the bridge that leads to the farm.
This is a photo of the Manor House and the moat and it certainly looks old in this picture. I think it’s 13th century.
The technique seems to be more suitable for buildings than for nature shots. This is a photograph of the Milky Pool and it seems to work because there is a lot of contrast in the different colours and again it looks vintage.
Finally, a map! You can see where I live at ‘A’, near King’s Hill and the route to the canal. There is an entrance to Moorcroft Wood next to the canal. The rocket pool is also shown, they build houses around that and so it’s not so interesting. You can see the canals too and the open spaces. The river Tame runs past the large pool or lake in Woden Road South and south of there is the Millfields and the Milky Pool. I suspect that there was once a water mill at the Millfields. Where the river leaves the map at top right was the site of a water mill in the 18th century and they powered a forge before the age of steam arrived. The pool in Moorcroft Wood is the result of open cast coal mining and many of the other features are the result of mining too. Brunswick park and King’s Hill park are built on land where mining took place. The clay banks were landscaped and planted with trees. The river, canals and railway all powered the industrial revolution, but it was also powered by the sweat of the men that built it all and mined the coal.
I have also posted a Neodigital Art blog over on A Zillion Ideas, today. I used Smoothdraw to edit some of those photos with interesting results.
- The mystery of elephant rock… (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Simple editing (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Blue skies (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Sketch Art (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art| Spring photos (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Spring photos (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Poor light (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Snow and Ice (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- In search of… Art (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Winter locations (mike10613.wordpress.com)