Neodigital Art | Making the most of June
I took this shot yesterday and the sun was quite low in the sky but we have to get out there when the rain stops! It’s pouring down as I write this so it was a good choice. The light was difficult because the sun was low in the sky. You can see the dark shadows despite the sun being bright and the sky fairly clear. It would be better to go out just after midday, but the shadows do tend to make the pictures more interesting. I did have to walk down the canal for a while to get the shot I wanted.
Part of the canal has been filled in and so it’s hard to tell now if this is part of the same canal. It seems to be getting greener as Spring begins to turn to summer.
I intended to go back to this location earlier in the day, but the sun was bright and so we tried it again. It makes for an interesting picture, but as the longest day approaches; I do want to try to get some shots early in the afternoon when the sun is high in the sky. You can get very interesting shots in the morning too, when the sun is in the East. I’m not a morning person…
This canal runs from Moorcroft Wood under the Metro (light rail system) and on to Toll End. There are still narrow boats at one point on the canal with people living in them.
There are more amazing blogs on the Home Page and if you like Neodigital Art, I have posted another blog on A Zillion Ideas today. Please comment or click share.
- Neodigital Art | Aging photos (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Winter locations (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Poor light (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- The mystery of elephant rock… (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Light on the lens (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | extra (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art| Spring photos (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Simple editing (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Blue skies (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- In search of… Art (mike10613.wordpress.com)