Neodigital Art | Forge Mill
Last week I did photos of various types of transport and you can see more canal photos on a zillion ideas. I went back to the locks and there were two narrow boats negotiating the locks on Sunday afternoon. I used those pictures for today’s blog on a Zillion Ideas. Yesterday, we went to Forge Mill Farm in Sandwell Valley which is the site of a Victorian water mill and now a community owned farm.
I saw an old picture and I think this could have been the mill, a tributary to the river runs close by and that was quite fast flowing yesterday. It’s interesting when you see Victorian buildings to try to discover the history.
Forge Mill lake is close by and provides flood relief for the river. The river was about 6 feet deep, but can go much deeper before it overflows into the lake.
Here you can see the lake on the left, the canalised section of the river Tame and on the right beyond those trees is the farm. It was very cloudy and there was a black cloud to my right; the sun was behind that!
This is the farm again and a popular place to sit and enjoy an ice cream on a summer’s day. There are lots of places to enjoy your own picnic too, so it’s well worth visiting on a summer afternoon.
Are these pictures art? It depends how much you enjoy looking at them. I wouldn’t use these for an exhibition, but I have taken some really great pictures here that I would use. The light was a little challenging yesterday though, but with a digital camera, you take the shot, if it doesn’t work; you only lose the time it took to press the shutter. There is a another Neodigital art blog on a Zillion Ideas with new canal pictures. Please subscribe to that blog and comment.
- Neodigital Art | In the summertime (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Changing scenes (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Aging photos (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Making the most of June (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Sketch Art (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Transport (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Sunshine at last (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art| Spring photos (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Blue skies (mike10613.wordpress.com)