Neodigital Art | inspired art
I went to Walsall new art gallery this week, searching for inspiration. That dead sheep encased in formaldehyde was the main exhibit in the Damien Hirst exhibition. There was some works from more conventional artists too.
The gallery is on the canal wharf and a popular place to sit and watch people go past. There are benches outside Costa coffee and there is a waterfront bar.
The gallery was quite busy for a Sunday afternoon. There were art activities for the children. Inspired I set out to create my own art with my camera!
What do you think? Should this be hanging in a gallery? I took a few photos of the river and then on to a farm. No, I wasn’t going to soak a sheep in formaldehyde…
This was a watermill but now it’s Forge Mill Farm shop. Water still flow through but the water wheel is long gone.
This is the River Tame in Sandwell Valley near the farm, where it flows past Forge Mill lake. I don’t think this picture will end up in an art gallery either, but I like it!
I did another blog on a zillion ideas today with more pictures from inside the art gallery including a shot of Damien Hirst’s butterflies picture.
- Can the Black Country afford culture? (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Landscapes (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Step by step edit (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Changing seasons (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Problems (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Getting a good shot (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- damien hirst at tate modern (akickupthearts.wordpress.com)
- Man who defaced 1958 Rothko canvas claims he added value (cbc.ca)
- Another week closer to Christmas (mike10613.wordpress.com)