Neodigital Art | Monochrome doesn’t always mean black and white
We are used to seeing things in colour and occasionally in black and white. When we see a picture like this, we tend to think colour, but it is in fact monochrome. I converted it to mono using PhotoScape, it’s a freeware program. I also added the lens flare using PhotoScape. The sun was actually behind me!
You can get some interesting effects using monochrome, they can be subtle or more dramatic.
I used the colorize option on PhotoScape for this picture and I also clicked sharpen. That gave the picture more texture.
I used a few effects on this picture with quite powerful results. I have done a blog on these effects today on a zillion ideas. Why not pop over there and check that out if you want to edit you photos into art with PhotoScape. I’ve covered lots of the PhotoScape options, including colorize, zoom-blur and fish eye. Got a good picture? Why not send it in to me and I’ll feature it on a zillion ideas. Just attach it to an email and send it to the address in the sidebar.
- Neodigital Art | Something unique (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Exhibitions (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital art | Editing to create art (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Autumn leaves (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | changing colours (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | Seasons (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Friday software freebies (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Neodigital Art | inspired art (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- The last Sunday ramble of November (mike10613.wordpress.com)